Partnered with DNA Testing Centres of Canada
The DNA Testing Centres of Canada are leading the way in the science of analyzing and monitoring an individual’s genetic makeup. These advances in genetic studies now allow you to get your DNA tested, in order to determine if you are prone to developing certain diseases such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes (type 1 & 2), heart disease, or breast cancer. As a result of this knowledge, customized nutritional and lifestyle strategies can be created and implemented to take appropriate preventative measures. If executed early enough, you can work towards prevention of a disease.
Our knowledge of how your DNA predisposes you to disease is constantly increasing and becoming more accurate as this science evolves. (Note that the conditions that are screened for at DNA Testing Centres of Canada, the association between the genetic marker and the disease must have been published in a top-tier, peer-reviewed medical/scientific journal and replicated at least once.) Most current advice (i.e. from health care professionals, magazine articles, research studies etc.) is based on what is good for the general population and may not take into account your specific needs. Since everyone’s DNA is different, a customized action plan based on your DNA could make a world of difference for you and your family.
How Does it Work?
There are two essential components to the DNA Enhancement Program:
- Taking a history questionnaire, and
- Submitting a DNA sample which our lab technicians will collect.
(Note that there are no needles involved, and no blood samples are taken.)
The DNA samples are then sent to our laboratory for processing. From the information that is gathered your health is evaluated in processes that affect your diet and lifestyle choices.
Utilizing patented technology these two important pieces of information are then combined to generate your confidential, personalized DNA “Enhancement Action Plan” that is in a form of a written report. With the latest advances in genetics research now available to the consumer, you have the power to take charge of your health with personalized recommendations and guidelines developed just for you.
Over 100 DNA Health Conditions, Diseases & Traits:
DNA Testing Centres of Canada gives you a view into your DNA, revealing your genetic predisposition for 26 health conditions. This level of personalization may help you take action to detect health conditions early, reduce their effects or aid you in preventing them. We check for diseases such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease • Asthma • Breast cancer • Colorectal cancer
- Cystic Fibrosis • Diabetes • • Hypertension • Leukemia • Lung cancer
- Multiple sclerosis • Myocardial infarction • • Obesity • Osteoarthritis
- Parkinson’s disease • Prostate cancer • Skin Cancer • Systemic lupus
Carrier Status/ Risk to Offspring:
Carrier testing is used to help identify people who carry one copy of a gene mutation that, when present in two copies, can cause a genetic disorder. This DNA test can provide information about a couple’s risk of having a child with a genetic condition. So far we test for 76 conditions. Conditions included:
- Beta thalassemia • Cystic Fibrosis • Diabetes (permanent neonatal)
- Familial Mediterranean fever • Hearing loss • Hemochromatosis
- Phenylketonuria • Tay-Sachs disease
Drug Responses and Adverse Reaction:
We also test for drug responses and adverse reactions. We screen for drug metabolism enzymes and transporters that have been linked to harmful reactions with common medical prescriptions, empowering you and your doctor with information that could possibly save your life.
Drugs included in your report:
- Abacavir Hypersensitivity
- Aminoglycoside Induced Antibiotics Hearing Loss •
- Caffeine Metabolism • Carbamazepine Hypersensitivity
- Clopidrogel Metabolism • Methotrexate Toxicity
- Estogen Supplementation(HRT, Birth Control): risk of venous thrombosis (females only)
- Statin Induced Myopathy • Statin protection against myocardial infarction
- Tamoxifen Response • Warfarin Metabolism
Diet and Fitness Optimization:
This test will evaluate what type of diet and exercise work best for your body, as well what nutrients you may de deficient, and eating habit and metabolism
We also offer:
- Paternity testing, Siblingship testing, Hair Drug Analysis, Allergy Testing,
- Ancestral Origin test and Prenantal Gender testing etc.
Call for a free consultation or for more information go to www.dnatestingcanada.com